92nd Gordon Highlanders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  DonateDonate  Log in  

Share | 

[Mount&Gladius] Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chim
Major
Chim

Major

[Mount&Gladius] Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Please leave your suggestions in this topic!

It is great to see so many people attend our event! Thank you all for joining. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lance_Lionheart

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:58 pm

The event was simply a blast but 2 things could be improved.

1. The only thing that got kinda confusing is the commander having to issue orders over the same net. Perhaps for next battle it would be nice to create 2 or 3 subchannels for the event and have a chain of command within the battle. starting with a general commanding the entire Legion, who could then pass his commands to the Cohort leaders thru a whisper. because then it would look more like the sunday battles and it would be alot easier to control.

2. What would also make it more fun is if clear rules would be made for the roman armours. for example: a cohort leader must always wear the centurion helmet (the one that has the red thing sideways), and perhaps have a certain gear layout for a praetorian unit or auxillary troops.

Even without these improvements the battle would be amazing. But i would love for you gents from the 92nd gorden highlanders to take the suggestions into consideration.

Yours Sincerly
Colonel lance of the 32nd Regiment of Foot
Back to top Go down
Traxad
Private
Traxad

Private

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:00 am

Lance_Lionheart wrote:
The event was simply a blast but 2 things could be improved.

1. The only thing that got kinda confusing is the commander having to issue orders over the same net. Perhaps for next battle it would be nice to create 2 or 3 subchannels for the event and have a chain of command within the battle. starting with a general commanding the entire Legion, who could then pass his commands to the Cohort leaders thru a whisper. because then it would look more like the sunday battles and it would be alot easier to control.

2. What would also make it more fun is if clear rules would be made for the roman armours. for example: a cohort leader must always wear the centurion helmet (the one that has the red thing sideways), and perhaps have a certain gear layout for a praetorian unit or auxillary troops.

Even without these improvements the battle would be amazing. But i would love for you gents from the 92nd gorden highlanders to take the suggestions into consideration.

Yours Sincerly
Colonel lance of the 32nd Regiment of Foot

I agree with every single suggestion there. And I think there will be little worry over unbalanced armors and weapons since this mod is quite unbalanced as it is. People play for the looks of it Smile
Back to top Go down
Hertug Hans
Lieutenant-Colonel
Hertug Hans

Lieutenant-Colonel

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 am

A solution could be the same armour and weapons for the same kind of troops. Just so legionaries don't run around in centurion-armor. Would also look quite cool for expecially the legionaries Smile
Back to top Go down
Lance_Lionheart

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Yeh what i meant with the units types is to have like 3 seperate groups like on line battles and have 1 of them like the coldstream but then wearing praetorian armour.
Back to top Go down
FatalJoker
Lance Corporal
FatalJoker

Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:46 pm

I'd say that the Romans should have a uniform armor (one armor for all the regulars and one armor for the senior officers) and the Gauls, ofcourse were barbarians meaning, they wouldn't need to have a uniform. so i agree with Hans.
Back to top Go down
Ramon

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:49 am

Could not Calradica Antica be used for such an event?
Back to top Go down
Traxad
Private
Traxad

Private

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:52 am

The what now?
Back to top Go down
JorgoPimp
Private

Private

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Traxad
Private
Traxad

Private

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Oh, looks pretty cool. I like enviromental changes. However, I dont know if the "whole" Mount and Gladius community wants to change. So I guess it'll be up to our dear Donald Smile
Back to top Go down
Christbowel

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi all Very Happy

Thanks this night session again Smile

A little remark though, as everyone seen, tonight was not the same emulation and atmosphere than the previous sessions.

I played as a Roman tonight but did not find much fun, cuz several clans, just organized themselved without even considering others, single players with clan or without, and others players generaly speaking.

Some of 'em even asked us to exit from their lines while forming... do you find this behaviour cool ?

Damn, you the 92nd are so cool to organize such an event and authorize us to play this in public, and they are acting like that... Well lets forget and lets say it was only for tonight.

Other point, I copy what some members told, the dressing code was not respected neither.
Crests on helmets must remain for commanders in order to be identified, and troopers weither they are archers, velites, legionaries, centurion or other kinda troops, or cavalry should have a dresscode to respect.

Not to fall into too much strict behaviour, but a minimum could be setted, and its what I think 92nd only asks to the invited players.

Otherwise cya next week Very Happy
Best regards.
Christophe Alias Caius !
Back to top Go down
Spanker
Drummer
Spanker

Drummer

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Well i saw two lines which was not with the main line. Yuki tried his best to command but it's hard to command when people are not on ts/ or not listening. Last week everything was good. Tho this week wasn't as good as last week. But still it was fun. I think it should be inf/archers/cav and it stays like that. Not 2 lines of inf that aren't with the main line. But i was afk for some time of the battle some things may have changed. If it did don't listen to this post. Very Happy And yes i did hear in team chat, don't join our line only blah blah can join this line. Tho i can't remember the people who did that. I missed the siege aswell did that go well? Anyway, my idea is too maybe choose the commanders be for we start, since us Romans didn't haven't a commander straight away. But we did well anyway. Thanks for the event tho lads and girls ( wink lcatt and of course live.) most of you non-92nd won't understand that part Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Christbowel

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyWed May 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Yes I step up behind your opinion, I agree.

This event coulb be cooler with simple facts.

1/ Respect the clans which are organizing the event

2/ Obeys whenever its possible to your commandant

3/ Having a dresscode, to respect reenactement, and to make easier for troops to spot centurion, or general for example.

In a long range, we coud even think to create sub channels, i.e. the infantry commandants could whisper to the cavalry or archers commandants.

And even more, centurion could command his group of soldier, in order to make several units why not.

But it has to be coordinated.

Yesterday night, I though I was either in a clan battle, or in singleplayer.

Best regards.
Christophe Alias Caius.
Back to top Go down
Hazy
Corporal
Hazy

Corporal

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Yes, I was on the Roman side, and at times it was awful. Throughout the event large numbers of people weren't even in our ts, at one point only 18 out of 38 were actually in the channel...

I know its a public event but a password would actually mean pubbers would have to come on ts, rather than just finding a server and presuming they can do what they will.
Back to top Go down
Liancour
Lance Corporal
Liancour

Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:13 pm

I partly agree with you Harry, a password would probably mean it would be more organised due to more in TS.
Its imo a toss up between having lots of people playing without a password but being somewhat disorganised - and being passworded and more organised but maybe less people attending (i.e pubbers).

I'm not sure if dividing the TS team channel into classes (archers, infantry, cavalry) is really necessary - since being on the Gaul team I had no problem hearing orders from my specific commander, but that might be because our side TS was more disciplined and the commanders had distinct voices etc. It was good to be able to hear what other class commanders were doing even though you are not under their specific orders. I can imagine however, that if the TS team channel is noisey and all the rankers are chatting bs to each other then a class division might need to be made...

Concering a dresscode, I think it should be mandatory, especially for the Romans.

All in all, I would suggest not changing anything straight away, i.e passwording it. See what happens next week - encourage more people to join TS and to obey orders from commanders. When we get lots of people interested, by being open to the public, then we can discipline more. But first you have to prepare the ground first, get the numbers and then we can improve things. I think this mod has the potential to be totally epic and I don't think we should cut people off just yet with a password. Sure we might lose cohesion at the start, but if they are interested long term they will join TS eventually. I hope.
Back to top Go down
Christbowel

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:50 pm

I agree both of the previous statements Very Happy

And yes lets see what gives the next events in the folowing weeks Very Happy

Cya around all !
Back to top Go down
Chim
Major
Chim

Major

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Keep the suggestions coming guys! I might create a set of specific rules if everyone agrees.
Back to top Go down
Donald MacDonald
Colonel
Donald MacDonald

Colonel

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Go ahead my dear. You are free to do whatever you want to do Chim. You have earned my full trust and you have access to everything needed.
Back to top Go down
https://gordon-highlander.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions   [Mount&Gladius] Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

[Mount&Gladius] Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top